June 19, 2013

Video of the Day: The Type


Spoken word is one those hidden gems that I discovered in college. Thought provoking words spoken with such passion, you can almost relate to the emotions exuded through the speaker. 

Sarah Kay is my favorite. I don't have a genuine reason as to why. I just like her and her poems. I think I liked her even more after her TED talk. I also love that wonderful pun she's made out of her name: "KaySarah, Sera". Get it? ha! 

Here's one of her newest pieces. It's beautiful. 


"Woman, if you grow up the type men want to love
You can let them love you
Being loved is not the same thing as loving."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...