June 24, 2013

Gratitude

photo via

I've been thinking about all the things I'm grateful for lately. Just a realization that, "yea... that thing is good. and I am so incredibly grateful for having it during this season of my life."


My Beau. This past weekend, I saw a side of him I've never actually seen. I've always heard of his sleepless nights in architecture school and the stress that being an architect can sometimes bring, but this weekend I got to witness it for myself. He worked ALL day Saturday (with the exception of preparing breakfast for us) into Sunday morning. When I went to bed, he was still up working. I found out Sunday morning that he finally went to bed around 5am. After church on Sunday, he still had more work to do that also kept him up throughout early this morning. What. a. trooper! I am so grateful for him because he has been so busy with work, church and maintaining our home expenses and has yet to complain. And through all of the stress, he is still so loving. I don't deserve it.


Christian friends. I have been needing a little encouragement lately. Other than praying and burdening beau with all the cares of life, I had no one to really talk to about what has been troubling me. Furthermore, I didn't want to just talk and have someone listen, I wanted to be encouraged and strengthened. Words of wisdom is what I sought. I was able to find that through a blogger friend, Eimile, and an acquaintance from college. There's something about someone in the faith encouraging you. Instead of trying to build you up on your own strength and telling you that you will overcome by your own merit, they remind you of the goodness and all-sufficiency of Christ. How inspite of all my ill-feelings, He is still good. He is still gracious. And that is enough. Afterall, it is by God's grace that I am able to do anything worth doing (Philippians 4:13) and he has promised to never leave me (Deuteronomy 31:6). I am so grateful for these great friends and their beautiful wisdom. 

What little things have you been grateful for? 


Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,

Because His compassions fail not.
23 
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
~Lamentations 3:22-23~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...