August 9, 2010

Jamaica -- Day 7-- Part 1 (August 2, 2010)

-- The first part of this day is held close to my heart....

--(8:38am) I just met my father... Spent an hour with him. When I spoke to him last night, he said he'd come to see me at 8am, but he ended up coming at 7:30 instead. I was crying a little in the beginnning, but then I sucked it up. To be completely honest, it was a little awkward because I'm not much of a talker and I didn't really have anything to say or even ask of him. So, I sat there quietly and he spoke most of the time.

-- The VERY FIRST thing he did after he hugged me (after initially seeing each other), was look for the little knob that I have on my ear. [sidenote: Many people don't notice it there b/c it's always covered up by my hair. It is located directly above the tragus of my right ear] I couldn't believe he knew about it. He said it was the same size as it was when I was younger. I guess it's true what some people say: "A parent never forgets their child". :-\

-- He told me about his other children and the order in which they were born. I also have two other half sisters and a half brother. The brother's name is Glenmore and he's 30 years old. The eldes sister is Akelia (I've spoken with her before and try to keep in contact with her as much as possible) is 26 years old and the second sister, named Fiona, is 24 years old and has a 3 year old son. Fiona lives with him.

-- My father also told me about his parents: his mother who is still alive in Jamaica and his father who died in England a while back.

-- He asked about my mom and her mother. Then told me how long he and my mother lived together and how my mom got her visa to come to the US, but worried about my care. He quoted her question to him at the time I was 10 months old in a whisper saying "What am I going to do about the baby?"

-- I guess there is a sense of relief in my spirit now. I have finally met this man whose name I've known forever as the name of my father. The one who I am likened after. The one whose 23 CHROMOSOMES united with my mother's to conceive me. It's a good feeling. I have 2 pictures of him now. I've been asking for a photo of him for the longest time and now I have it. It's mine to keep along with my memory of seeing him.



-- (evening hours) My father came back in the evening to allow me to meet Fiona. It was kind of awkward once again, but it was lovely meeting someone who shares a part of me. ツ



Me and My Half Sister, Fiona

1 comment:

  1. explendit blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    than your

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...