August 5, 2010

Jamaica -- Day 2 (July 28, 2010)

- Woke up at 6:30 this morning. The neighbor was mowing the lawn. It was quite loud.


- I have come to the conclusion that I have NEVER seen so many mosquitoes in my life! They’re eating me alive.


- Drove around with Paula today. Our first stop was at a church. She went to help out with pre-school class at Vacation Bible School (VBS). The children were precious but some were a little antsy. I think they just wanted to run around outside for a bit. I’m sure it’s hard for about 16 kids to sit in close proximity in a room all day. She did really well with them though. I wouldn't have that much patience with so many children. I can deal with 2, maybe 3, at a time, but 16?? Not I.... I took a few pics and recorded a video of them.









- After VBS, we visited Spanish Town, the former capital of Jamaica (when the Spaniards owned the country). I took a few pics there too. We didn’t stay very long.




-(4:57pm) I just saw a Volkswagon Jetta… Reminded me of my bestie, Malinda. :-)

- By 6:30 pm, I was SO TIRED! I don’t know if it was because I woke up so early in the morning or because I am not fully reenergized after the lack of sleep I received the day before. Both reasons are one and the same, actually.

- Around 9pm, we went to Susie’s Bakery and Coffee Bar to hang out with some of Paula’s friends and to watch a the performance of a live band. The music wasn’t that great. Well, the music was good, but the guy’s vocals were a little shaky….
I had the worst hankering for something sweet, so I ordered a slice of cake: Chocolate Fudge Ripple. Yum! It was truly delicious! Sadly, I didn’t think about taking a pic of it until I was stuffed and couldn’t eat another bite. That cake cost $650 Jamaican dollars. Worth every bit of money. However, the portion was huge and Paula and I were not able to finish our portion. It would have been better to split one … oh well. We’ll keep in mind for future reference.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...