January 18, 2011

Manayunk Spunk

I spent my last Saturday in Philly on a date with my beau. This will be my last time home until April or the end of the semester. We went to Frak's for (mediocre) cheesesteaks in Manayunk. We then walked down Main street to visit Benjamin Lovell Shoes. This was my first job. I worked as a stock girl. Tasks included receiving new shoes, printing labels for them, stocking them on the shelves, and trying on the gorgeous red patent leather Stuart Weitzman pumps. (Ok, the latter wasn’t really in my job description, but I couldn’t help trying on some of the shoes that were in stock). Anyhoo, I visited the store to say hi to my old manager/supervisor, but left with the words that she no longer works there. :-\


[Source]

My beau and I then stopped on a side street to talk for a little bit and it was hard to concentrate b/c I was so in love with the scenery. I honestly could not wait for us to finish talking so that I could snap some pics. The view included parts of the Schuylkill River and expressway, old train tracks, and the backs of some of the businesses on Main Street.


Photobucket

I think Brunette Blogger was right when she described the symptoms of the blogging flu. Numbers 2 and 3 are my main symptoms. It states:

  • "#2. You know you've caught the blogging flu when you start converting everything about your live into a a post. "Oh this shopping trip would make a great new post for my blog!" or "I could definitely use this topic to write about"."
  • "#3. Your camera is working overtime and EVERYTHING is interesting enough for you to snap pictures of. This includes your lunch, your dinner, a pretty dessert, flowers, bugs, patterns, the sky, …"
Have you ever caught the 'blogging flu'? What symptoms do you exhibit?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...