January 7, 2011

22

I will be 23 years old in 23 days (as of January 6, 2010) and I am thinking, what have I accomplished thus far?
-- I've graduated grade school and high school at the top of my class.
-- I've graduated college... not in the same position as the other schools, but it's still an accomplishment nonetheless.
-- I've been accepted to graduate school, with hopes of having a career in the biotech/pharmaceutical research field.
-- I've gained friendships that I'm sure will last for a lifetime.
-- I've found love that I've never had before.
-- I've strengthened my relationship with God.
-- I've matured in a number of ways.
-- I've learned some things about myself from either life experiences or from my friends themselves.
-- I'm stronger, although I will still bawl my eyes out if something upsetting enough gets to me.
-- I am more opinionated (I used to just go with the flow just to make others happy).
-- I would say that I am a bit wiser (it comes with age ツ).


I am sure there are many other things that I have learned and gained in my 23 years of life, which fail to come to mind right now. All in all, I'm grateful for every bit of my life. There was a time when I hated life and everything that it entailed. The hurt. The pain. Anger. Bitterness. And every other unhappy synonym related to the previously listed words.

Now, I have a different outlook on life. There's a lot to live for. Just as there is a lot to die for. You live for family, friends, those moments that make you smile, memories, the possible future you may have, the life you may touch, the life you might create, and most importantly, for the one who gave us life in the first place, Jesus Christ.

I'm looking forward to 22 more years of life. ツ

2 comments:

  1. Heya! My birthday is just a day after yours, and I will be turning 23 as well. It's a good idea to list your accomplishments as it's quite easy to beat ourselves up and not give ourselves the credit we deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you plan on dying when your 45?? hahaha..

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...