January 10, 2013

In: Fluenza


Fever. Chills. Achy Joints. Tiredness. Stuffy nose.
Influenza.

The past week have been really rough, as I woke up early last Friday morning and felt like death. I had an awful headache-- the kind that feels like your brain has dislodged and is rolling around at free will in your skull; fever; severe tiredness -- I practically slept all day; and a stuffy nose -- the kind that feels like it was blockaded with cement. I was miserable and weak.

Word on the street (i.e. in news reports) is that the influenza (the flu) is taking many victims in the U.S. and this is the highest number of cases reported in several years. Healthcare professionals are urging individuals to protect themselves by staying home when sick, covering mouths when sneezing or coughing (as to prevent the grossness occurring in the above video), washing hands frequently, and getting vaccinated.

As I've hinted at in an older post, I am a HUGE advocate for vaccines. They help prevent the spread of highly communicable diseases and help protect those with weaker immune systems (i.e HIV/AIDS patients, those undergoing chemo/radiation, etc.) from acquiring such diseases. Regretfully, I did not get a flu vaccine this year, and regretfully so. I hope you, dearest readers, will take some precaution this season and consider getting vaccinated or at least taking precautionary measures in avoiding the seasonal flu.

Needless to say, I feel better now. And I'm glad! Beau was determined to nurse me to health with this bitter Jamaican tea (Cerasee), and I wasn't having any of it!

Stay healthy, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...