November 18, 2010

You're Invited...


{Source}
-- First off... Dude, What???

-- This thing is real. It's really... real.

Parents who are not willing to vaccinate their children against chicken pox will host chicken pox parties if their child somehow acquires the disease, invite other parents with similar views against vaccines, in hopes that there child will contract the virus also. (<-- run-on sentence, much?). Could you imagine?

I could not see myself endangering my child like this. Yea, we all hear that chicken pox is "not that bad" and many of people recover from it, but the virus can cause serious complications like, neurological infections, pneumonia, or other bacterial infections {Source}. Serious complications can also arise from normally acquiring the disease, and I would just feel way too guilty about exposing my child to it in the first place, if it could have been prevented.

I remember having chicken pox when I was in the 4th grade, although I was vaccinated. As an emigrant to the U.S. I had to be vaccinated for many diseases. It was also a mandatory school order to have school-aged children vaccinated {Source} and {Source}. This vaccination program has helped in the decrease of pandemics like measles, whooping cough, tetanus, rubella and a few others. I wish some people weren't so against vaccines. They have done more good than harm. I guess it's just a part of life...

People live. Disease strikes. They die. The end.

Sounds harsh. I don't know. I think I'm done with this post.

But seriously though, why not get vaccinated against something that is preventable? It saves you from all the hassle of paying sitters to care for your child, or even missing work days from caring for your child yourself.... think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...