January 13, 2013

Snippets


Day 7/365 Red house. Yellow door.

I took my advice and went outside in search of something to shoot. I stopped by a park and there it was. This red shed, which was very reminiscent of a maple syrup shack I spotted at a Fall Festival in Connecticut in 2011.

This photo is cropped, but I like it nonetheless. Although, I really do wish I had a DSLR to make the trees appear a little bit sharper in this image.

Day 8/365 Closed Road.

I would be lying if I said I actually took this photo on day 8. Truth is, I snapped it on day 7. I did not like the actual photo I took for day 8, so I swapped it with this.

Day 9/365 Modern Day Rosie the Riveter

I love building things (all accessories and instructions included of course). I spent the greater part of day 9 assembling a bookshelf for our room closet/library. I still have my (grown-out) manicure from my wedding day, but who cares? Some other nails needed attention that day. 
 
Day 10/365 Thank you

I am fully ashamed that it has taken us this long to send out thank-you cards for those who attended our wedding. This day was not going to end until I finished writing them up.

Day 11/365 Trolley Stop
This day was pretty cloudy. I had no clue what to capture, so I decided to go look about the trolley stops that run perpendicular to where we live. 

Living in Philly for the majority of my life, I would see the trolley tracks running through Germantown and Chestnut Hill, but never saw one on the road. I never actually rode on a trolley until I started dating Beau. I think it's pretty cool having a bit of old transportation mixed in with the new.

Day 12/365 Branches at dusk.

The former part of day 12 was as cloudy as the day before. As beau and I went out for an evening drive, the sun began breaking through the clouds just before the sunset.

There is something about bare trees in the winter. The symmetry. The beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...