September 15, 2011

From A Distance


"From A Distance" by Bette Midler

Hearing this song on the radio last night instantly brought back memories of my childhood. When I emigrated from Jamaica in 1995, I listened to a lot of Rock/Pop and Alternative music like Elton John, Billy Joel, Kenny Rogers, etc. on Philly's B101 station. That would explain why I hardly know any of the 90's Hip Hop/R&B songs that many of my peers are familiar with. From A Distance was one of my all time favorite songs, especially since I was being brought up in the Christian faith. It's really a beautiful song, if you listen to the lyrics closely. It speaks of heaven and the nonexistence of anything negative. Take a listen.

"From a distance we all have enough,
And no one is in need. 
And there are no guns, no bombs, and no disease,
No hungry mouths to feed.

From a distance we are instruments
Marching in a common band.
Playing songs of hope, playing songs of peace. 
They're the songs of every man.
God is watching us. God is watching us.
God is watching us from a distance..."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...