September 11, 2013

The Weekend: Football Game

SAM_1378-001 SAM_1290-001 SAM_1293-001 SAM_1294-001 

 I was two steps away from naming this post "I hate football, but I love my husband". But that would be a lie, because now that I understand football a bit more, I actually like it. Not enough to sit and watch every single game in the season, but enough to get excited during the superbowl and surely enough to cheer on a team from Beau's alma mater.

SAM_1297-001 SAM_1310-001 SAM_1326-001 SAM_1331-001

Saturday morning, Beau and I and a couple kiddos from our church headed out to the football stadium to watch the first home game for the Temple Owls. We had box seats- which belongs to Beau's firm- and so it was a comfortable and enjoyable experience. I clearly missed the memo that we should wear colors that coordinate with the team's color, so I wore the most brilliantly yellow shirt and awkwardly stood among a sea of cherry and white at the entrance. Yup.... awkward.

SAM_1334-001 SAM_1358-001 SAM_1355-001

Our team lost the game. They had to potential to win, but it just didn't happen. Maybe next time, Temple Owls. Maybe next time... Although, Beau did tell me that they have never actually won any of the games he's attended as an alumni.But I'm sure they've won at some point.
--hashtag optimism

7 comments:

  1. I only went to one Temple game the whole time I was in college! And I've tailgated outside of one since I graduated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a Temple alum? Cool! I went to a small, private university so we didn't have a football team. We only had soccer (our team was really good) basketball, lacrosse, rugby and ultimate frisbee. haha.

      Delete
  2. Their track records sounds a lot like my Alma Mater! LOL! I'm not really into football either but I love the tailgating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! There was a time when I couldn't stand "fooseball" myself, but now I watch it every weekend. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...