March 15, 2012

Messiah

I made the 3 hour journey from CT to Philly Saturday morning with just enough time to grab my tickets and get dressed for the performance.

I received complimentary tickets from Pennsylvania Ballet for any performance during the 2011/2012 season for completing a survey. (You see, I love The Nutcracker. I've been to that performance numerous times, and the survey sought to find out why I only attended that performance. I enjoy seeing ballet performances in general, it's just that being away at school doesn't allow me to see many.) I was excited to receive the voucher for the free tickets and even more excited that they had a performance playing during my Spring break.

The performance I decided to see was Messiah, at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia. It was a beautiful portrayal of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. It was both stunning and moving. Surely a great conversation starter for those not fully aware of who Jesus was, or who might have been curious about his life. I also really enjoyed the music which was by George Frederic Handel. I learned a lot about him in an undergraduate music class and still have some of his work marked on my iTunes as favorites.


Messiah was very enjoyable and I would recommend it to everyone. Actually, I would recommend the ballet to anyone. I love the costumes, strong dance moves and simplicity of the props, while my beau usually sits and enjoys the live orchestra (and the performance, but more the music). I think anyone can take joy in a ballet.

John 14:6-7
"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known Me, you would have known my Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."


**All photos (except the first) are via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...