October 30, 2013

Our Fall Wreath

Fall Wreath_ Painted Wooden Letter

Being a part of the blogging community has often sparked the creativity in me. That spark finally blazed into a roaring fire as I completed my first DIY/home decor project: a Fall Wreath. 

This wreath was inspired by a post I saw on BlogHer early September. I thought the first wreath pictured was the most beautiful ever and just had to recreate it. I slowly gathered supplies and finally sat down to paint and design the wreath last week. Beau was absolutely against polka dots, so I tried stenciling a leaf pattern on the wooden letter, but that was unsuccessful on many levels, so I opted for clean, neutral rugby stripes. I quite like the outcome, and Beau does too. Our wreath is now displaying on our front door. I am so proud. I now see why artsy people are into this kind of thing. Painting was surprisingly very relaxing. 



Fall Wreath_Painted Wooden Letter_Door

2 comments:

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...