April 26, 2012

On Concerts

I attended a Christian hip hop concert with my beau this past weekend. I have to admit, I was quite a bit apprehensive to go. I've only been to two concerts in my lifetime (5 if you count the Spring concerts they had for us in Undergrad).

There's just something about concerts that makes me nervous including a surplus of people standing/sitting in one central location. In any case, although I really didn't want to go, I decided to suck it up and attend. I figured if my beau sat through Cinderella and the Nutcracker ballets, I could put aside my feelings and do something that he enjoys.

So, we drove to a little church 2 towns over and sat right up front... Just as beau likes. I felt really nervous and out of place, even though I was at a church and I practically grew up in church. But those feelings soon faded away. They began with praise and worship singing some awesome worship songs, and then a few opening bands performed. Beau was super energetic which made me nervous once again because I felt like he was drawing attention to us (I have a really bad case of social anxiety).

Finally, the headlining artist, Richie Righteous, came on and he had such an indescribable presence. His (and the previous performances) were nothing as I expected. It was a different form of music than I'm used to listening to, but overall, it glorified Christ. I guess the only word I could use to describe Richie Righteous, his music and his ministry is anointed.
I ended up having a great time. I was dragged up to the front (yes, even closer to the stage) and found myself dancing with all the people up there, but more importantly, I found myself praising God. It was good times overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...