March 21, 2016

Spring Break

Magnolia Tree at Night

I am taking a week off from work. It's a spring break of sorts. I have never really taken more than a couple days off in the past because I was working part-time, so I was saving my vacation time for my anniversary in November. Now that I am full-time, I have more time to take a well needed break. 

I don't have anything planned for the week really. I am just taking some time off to relax and regroup. I plan to get some reading done -- get my brain cells working on something other than just greeting customers and counting cash for a change.  I want to clear my head. I have endured quite a bit of disappointment the last few months, and I just need time to process it all.

Sometimes I feel like I was not made for this life. Life is hard and I currently feel like I am not strong enough for it. There are too many moments of discouragement... Too many failures. Simple tasks are daunting. I feel broken when something doesn't work-- and with reason too! I have endured way too much for one person. I am merely hanging on by a thread.

You know those people who are strong-willed? Seemingly nothing breaks them. I'm not like that at all. I want to be 

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jhan! God will provide the strength needed to get through this season!

    Isaiah 40:31New International Version (NIV)

    31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

    Wishing you a wonderful spring break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement!:-)

      Delete
  2. Awwwww. I hope that week off did you well. Also, those people who SEEM like nothing breaks them, probably feel just as vulnerable to life as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know what they say? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Not that hearing something like that helps you in the moment, but you just might be stronger than you think. Hang in there. Hope that spring break was a recharge you needed. It's June, so chances are you probably need another right about now, 'cause that's life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...