June 5, 2012

Lately


Lately, I have been extremely stressed and preoccupied with job-hunting, that I hardly take time to focus on or enjoy anything else.

I keep trying to convince myself that it's only been a short while since graduating, so not getting a job offer is okay. However, the more I try to convince myself of that, the more time keeps ticking and then it's clear that it's almost a month since graduating, 3 months since I began applying for jobs, 36 applications submitted, and nothing to show for it except 3 interviews. I am grateful, still. I am trying my hardest to calm down, enjoy the time off, and know that things will work out in the long run.

Being home is so-so. I sort of feel trapped with no school to attend at the end of summer, and nothing much to do during the days.  Beau works every day (just like any normal person), so I only get to see him on weekends, which makes it feel like we're still in a long distance relationship. Friends are all at different stages of their lives, and no one really has the time or desire to hang out/catch up. 'Welcome to the real world, Jhan!'

Essentially, everything is sucking right now (or so it seems in this head of mine). However, I am hopeful that this stagnancy won't last too long.... It. just. can not.

In any case, I try to keep myself busy. I hang out and catch up with loved ones while I can.



Since I've been neglecting my blog while being preoccupied with the worries of life post-graduation, I may start a blogging schedule. Not just for the upkeep of my blog, but also for the upkeep of the commitment I have made to being a supporting blogger for Love/Avon's Army of Women. Therefore, I will be posting breast cancer study-related posts at least twice a month. These posts will either be general AOW news or new studies that need volunteers/participants.

Thank you all for continuing to read Beyond My Smile, and thank you for your support throughout the last two years. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...