December 17, 2010

Evolution of Science Presentations

So, as these final weeks of graduate school wound down and I had to sit through countless hours of student presentations, I couldn't help but notice how much science presentations have changed since grade school. Here's my take on the progression of science presentations (based on level of education)...

Kindergarten: (show and tell)

Elementary School: (dioramas)

Middle School: (Baking soda volcanoes)


High School: (Science Fair projects)



Undergrad: (Poster Sessions)

**Click to enlarge photos**


These 3 pics are of the Wyeth Poster Session (Junior Year, 2009) my Organic Chemistry class participated in. My group and I did our poster on Bisphenol A. (left to right: Nigel, Red head-Greg, Me, Everett).
Graduate School: (Powerpoint presentations depicting the molecular pathways involved in disease progression)


Note: Some of these assignments do overlap a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love your ambition!! I am so going to show my studens this when we return after the new year! May then, they will understand that what I am requiring them to learn in 5th grade, pays off in college!!!

    Follow me:
    www.lovenwright.blogspot.com
    Hair | Finance | Womanhood

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...