photo via
Although I loved children, I don't think I ever saw myself as a mama. I guess I was just never in that mindset. Since getting married, I've been thinking about it more and more... and I'm excited (and nervous) to say the least.
This week, our church is holding Vacation Bible School (VBS). Beau and I have been transporting some kids (2 boys and 2 girls) to and from church and we enjoy their company. They range in age from 7 to 14 and all have different personalities. One wants Beau to cut his beard and shave his head. The other wants him to grow his beard long like Rapunzel (as if Rapunzel had a beard). One is super quiet and reminds me of my younger self. And the other is apparently the ladies' man. They had us cracking up the past couple days. And when they left the car to go home, Beau said to me "I wonder what our kids will be like?" Suddenly, my heart smiled at the prospect of raising funny kids and loving them wholeheartedly.
I'm looking forward to that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!