That's me! ... and my neurobio professor in lab last year (2010). (Source)
I am pretty darn excited for this summer!
{No! Not for the disgustingly humid city weather...}
I am excited because I have been on my grind lately, trying to find a research or laboratory internship and it's all coming together!
My interest in a career in the research and development field (R&D) sparked at the latter end of my sophomore year in college. I realized that med school was not what I wanted after all. I liked working in the lab more than anything and I actually looked forward to going to lab every week. Whether it was dissecting rabbit muscles, trying to develop a vaccine against Staph aureus, or harvesting neurons from fetal rats, I loved every bit of it.
Now, for this summer, I have chosen to directly contact a few researchers to petition a summer internship in their lab. Preferably, I would like to have a paid internship. However, I desire to gain experience more than anything, so I have also petitioned for volunteer positions (with hopes of finding a little part-time gig to save up for my second year of grad school). I strongly believe that any position will help me to refine the skills I've gained during my undergraduate career and teach me new ones. With Philly as my 'permanent home', I have a wide variety of research organizations (i.e. GSK, FCCC, Wistar Institute, etc.) and universities (i.e. Drexel, Temple, UPenn, PCOM etc) in range that I can work with.
I have my first interview next week! ツ
Photo sharing: Drew U surely brought out the science lover in me! Enjoy these pics...Ferns grown from tiny spores (freshman year).
Dissecting bunnies (sophomore year).
DNA fragmented by agarose gel electrophoresis (junior year).
DAPI-stained DNA microtubules during interphase (junior year).
Anatomy & Physiology lab (junior year).
The effects of glutamate cytotoxicity on neurons (senior year).
Trip to the Bronx Zoo (sophomore year).
**All photos are my own**








No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!