December 31, 2014

Our Christmas

IMG_2405 IMG_2428 IMG_2415 IMG_2449 IMG_3240 IMG_3475

This Christmas,  Beau and I spent at home together; just the two of us. We've been doing it for the past 2 years.  I admit that I often wish for a huge family celebrating that comes with much anticipation and preparation and reuniting with distant cousin, aunties, nephews, etc. However, we do not have large extended families, and we are okay with that. I prepared breakfast, and Beau cooked us a feast for dinner. (His teriyaki glazed turkey wings were delish!)

One thing I really enjoyed doing this year was wrapping gifts. I could not get enough of it. I've taken a liking to simple kraft wrapping paper, with bakers or jute twine wrapped around it and a cardboard gift tag. I think it added a nice look to gifts and it was my personal touch, you know?

We look forward to building a family and starting traditions with them in the future. But for now, we enjoy the simplicity of the holidays  and enjoying our time together as a family of two.

I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Next Christmas will by Hubs and I's first Christmas in our own home. We've always gone to visit my family in CT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Will you be hosting your family or just celebrating by yourselves?

      Delete
  2. When you guys build your family you will see that it's just big enough for you. I don't have a huge family, either, but my children and I are all we really need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's belated and all, but Merry Christmas! Hope New Years was great and peaceful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! Merry Christmas and a Happy, joyous, and peaceful New Year to you, also(now my comment is belated). :-)

      Delete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...