May 5, 2014

Life, Lately

528

It's been over a month since my last post! So here goes with an update...  I have certainly been busy, but not too busy that I don't have time to sit down and relax sometimes. Nothing new really happening, just rolling with the punches and accepting and living life as time passes by. Here's what I've been up to lately:

Work has been okay. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but there are days that I really love. My coworkers are okay for the most part and some of the regular customers are great. There is always someone there to put a smile on my face, and I have also been told that I put smile on other people's faces as well, so that is definitely a plus.

Wishing for a mild summer. I know that after this hectic winter we've just had, most people are looking forward to a hot summer. I am not. I hope for something mild. 70 to 85 degrees the most.

Watching period dramas. I've become obsessed with BBC's drama, Call the Midwife. It is set in East London in the 1950s. As you can imagine, you see a lot of screaming mothers and babies being born. But aside from that, you also see great characters, like the nun who loves eating cake and also seems to have a bit of dementia and Chummy, who is a giant with a heart of gold.  The show comes on PBS right before Mr. Selfridge (which I also love). I found out about it a couple days before season 2 of Selfridge was to begin and got through the first 2 seasons on Netflix in less than a week. Yea. It's that good!... to me at least.

Reading The Antelope in the Living Room. I saw this book in someone's instagram photo and looked it up immediately. What stuck out to me the most was that it was a book about marriage, written by a blogger who's Christian (Big Mama's her name). I'm at the stage in my marriage where I welcome almost anything that can give me a somewhat realistic view of marriage. So far, so good. I find comfort in knowing that some of the things Beau does and some of the feelings I have are perfectly normal.

Life. I am going to be honest and admit that I often go through bouts of frustration and depression. I understand that after some time, life pulls you into a routine that can easily wear you out and bring you down. My routine is pretty draining because the majority of it involves doing work that I don't particularly enjoy doing. I hate pushing offering credit cards on people, and I just really dislike banking. But over time, I've learned to take what life has offered me and just go with it-- Do my job to the best of my abilities with little to no complaints, and continue striving for a means to start my career. I still wonder if there is something I'm doing wrong why I seem to be stuck here in this waiting place, but in the mean time, I try to do what's required of me the best that I can and I try to evaluate everything that I do and go about completing each task with a good attitude. Because honestly, I don't want to be in this place, but I'm here. So while I am here, I will make the best of it until I am able to move on to something greater.


1 comment:

  1. I love Melanie's writing! I've yet to read this book yet, but I have read her other book on parenthood which was good. (Is that weird? My excuse is that I'm a teacher, so it's pretty close to parenting.... hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...