July 8, 2013

Our First Fourth (of July)

SAM_0344 SAM_0353 SAM_0361 SAM_0360 SAM_0365 SAM_0366 SAM_0368 SAM_0369 SAM_0370 SAM_0375 SAM_0382 SAM_0398 SAM_0453

Despite my efforts to avoid doing anything outside of the coolness of our home on the 4th of July, Beau and I  ventured out to the Valley Forge National Park for their Community Picnic. It was stupid hot, but we got along well. I took a cheeky photo with Ben Franklin, walked the park a little bit, watched an artillery demonstration,  and just enjoyed a laid back afternoon... away from the festivities in downtown Philly. Beau and I also decided to forego the Welcome America concert by the Ben Franklin Parkway and attended a fireworks showing the next town over (literally up the street) and then watched the end of the concert from home. The Welcome  America concert did have a pretty good line-up this year, but I'm not a big fan of concerts. And when you add the words "Largest free outdoor concert on July 4th" into the mix, it is even more undesirable to me.  I did do it once, though.

All in all, a good day .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...