April 24, 2013

On Faith (...and Being Fearless)


photo via

I have been a little apprehensive about sharing more about my faith on here. When I started this blog, I was trying to get to a place where I could honestly say that I had a one-on-one relationship with God. I was no where close. He was calling out for me, but I could not hear. And when it was made perfectly clear of His pursuit of me, it’s as if I turned my back on Him. Not because of unruliness, but because I was so afraid to leave the things of the world-- the parties. --the friends. But after a while, my ears stung at the sound of a curse word. The parties and nightlife bored me. The alcohol tasted bitter. And my friends from those times are no longer close by to influence my decisions. I am different now, and I can feel it. God is building me up to be who He wants me to be. To be more like Him. To be a branch on His vine (John 15:5).

I am no where near being perfect in Him. In fact, I often fear posting things like this on my blog, on twitter and other social media sites. But I am coming to learn that God is not ashamed of me -- the wretched soul that I am in both thought and deed. He loves me and claims me as His own just the same. I may lose followers. It’s okay. I only have a few, anyway. And visitors may stop reading as soon as they view my belief in my About Me section. But that’s okay too. I think it's been like that for a while now.

I have to do what’s right for me. I only have one life, and I cannot allow fear of what others think of me (a fear that I have struggled with and continue to struggle with to this day) hold me back and prevent me from entering into the kingdom of heaven. That would actually suck... a lot!

I love a light-hearted, fun post about food, fashion, and everyday life as much as the next person. I really do. And I intend to continue doing those posts. But I am currently at a time in my life, where my faith  and courage are being challenged. 
I would hate to fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...