March 14, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


I have been awarded the Liebster blog award by Eimile at Reflect. I discovered Eimile's blog through another blog a few months back. She is Christian, newlywed,  and studies molecular biology, like myself. I felt a connection with her right away and enjoy the tidbits she shares about grad school life and her faith. Thank you for nominating me for this award, Eimile!

Rules to the Liebster award:

  1. Each person tagged must share eleven things about themselves.
  2. They must answer the eleven questions the tagger has made for them
  3. They must then choose eleven fellow blogs to nominate.  The nominees must have under 200 GFC (Google Friend Connect) followers and be told in a comment on their blog.  Choose as many or as little as you want.
  4. Lastly they must then think of eleven questions to ask the bloggers they have decided to nominate.
** I too will be eliminating the last 2 rules as I have not discovered any newer blogs with a small audience in quite a while. **


1. I emigrated to the U.S. from Jamaica almost 18 years ago. And this was the first and last time I've been there since. The only known family there is my father, aunt, half-brothers and sisters and cousins. I would love to visit again with beau. 
2. I am highly observant and perceptive. I notice the small things. 
3. I am really starting to enjoy cooking dinners. Like I previously stated, I am extremely observant, so I learned how the basis of meal prep when I was younger just by watching my mom and sister in the kitchen. My favorite cuisine is Jamaican, of course, but lately I've been dabbling into pasta dishes and just different ways of preparing standard meals. Beau loves it!
4. I am a germaphobe/mysophobe. Not sure if this stemmed from all the things I learned about bacteria and viruses as a science major or the sheer fear of feeling miserable during the course of an illness -- just know that I have an unhealthy fear of getting sick from others. Like when a random person sits next to and lets out a brawny exhale? I think I'm all of a sudden exposed to tuberculosis. 
5. Every weekday, I enter to win Ellen DeGeneres' giveaway. 
6. ... And every Tuesday and Friday, I try for DSW's giveaways (on Facebook on Tuesdays and Twitter on Fridays). So far, I've won 4 times. 
7. Violent films before bedtime produces nightmares. Sorry beau, but the X-Men Origins: Wolverine did not agree with me at all. 
8. I would love to take on a hobby (aside from blogging). I have yet to discover my hidden talent. I desire the ingenuity for nesting and building things for our new home like these beautiful honeycomb shelves
9. Like many other blog "features" I've started and never completed, I failed on the Project 365 photo a day challenge. 
10. I admit that I have gotten a bit of baby fever after this post, especially with all the "mama blogs" (i.e. The Daybook, Love Taza, Kelle Hampton, etc) and vlogs (i.e. DearNaptural85, itsJudysLife, LefloofTV) I follow. However, beau and I are still waiting.  
11. It's amazing how much I have grown since starting this blog. I don't know if blogging has made me aware of this, or just the stage of life that I am in, but I love where I am now. The journey was hard at times, but that's what makes me who I am right now -- in this moment. 




1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? 
-- Somewhere close to water -- either a shore or a lake. 

2. Do you match your socks? 
-- Yes. Always. But I wonder what it would be like to live on the wild side sometimes.

3. What is your favorite flower? 
-- I love yellow roses and hydrangeas that bloom during the summer months in Philly. 

4. What is a hobby you want to start? 
   -- Rollerblading

5. What is/was your favorite subject in school. 
   -- Math was my favorite in high school. I always aced exams and even got all the extra credit questions right. In college, my favorite subject was Immunology. I loved how hands on the laboratory course was and I enjoyed in-vivo experiments.

7. What made you decide to start a blog? 
   -- I wanted an outlet to share the random things I encountered and thoughts that I had. 

8. Sweet or Savory? 
   -- Sweet! but I love a good savory meal! 

9. You just realized you have an extra hour, what do you do with it? 
   -- spend time with my beau. I feel like I rarely see him during the week. 

10. Who is your favorite Old Testament character, and why? 
   -- Oooh! I like this question... I have loved Zipporah (Moses' wife) since I was a child. Initially, it was only her name that I admired, but later on, I admired devotion to her husband during the Exodus and the Hebrew custom of circumcising their sons even though she was of a different origin than he was. 

11. What is the most exciting thing you've ever done? 
   -- White water rafting, for sure.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...