March 27, 2013

Home Sweet Homebody

//photo via

I keep telling myself "You have got to get out of the house and do something!" 
Alas, it doesn't happen. 
I am a homebody through and through. I do have desires to go out and take a walk sometimes. Find a creek  (in our new county just outside of Philly), or even go for a stroll and take in the brisk air. But I always opt to stay at home. 

I've always been like this. Since I was a child, I opted to stay in. Maybe it was the shyness in me. Maybe it was slight self-diagnosis of agoraphobia. Maybe it was the sheltered lifestyle I lived.  Whatever it was, it was there. I never went outside to play with the kids on my block. I avoided speaking with them and making eye-contact at all costs -- this may attribute to my lack of double dutch skills. (ha!) I remember one time I went outside to ride my new bike. I excitedly rode to the bottom the street, a couple of guys looked at me strangely, and that was enough for me to turn around and ride my bike back home, never to have that bike see the light of day again. 

The conflict in all of this however, is actually wanting to go out sometimes. There are days when I do want to go out, explore, and be adventurous, but I feel so much more comfortable staying at home. 

What's a girl to do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...