November 20, 2012

Brides Wearing Glasses

Beau and I are in the finishing stages of preparing for our wedding this weekend. There are still a few tiny details and decisions that need to be ironed out. One of them is the deciding whether or not to wear my glasses for the entirety of our big day. 

I have been wearing my glasses for 14 years now (since I was 7 years old) and have seen it as an extension of myself. However, I considered removing them for the ceremony in order to achieve what I thought would be 'better looking photos'. I planned on using the little vision that I have to be able to make it down the aisle and throughout the day, but after reviewing our engagement photos (where I removed my glasses for all of the photos), I would feel much more comfortable wearing them because I look much better with them on and because of the insecurities I have surrounding my exotropia.

I am still a little worried about wearing glasses for fear of the awful glare with flash photography and having them look cumbersome with a veil, but I researched photos of brides wearing glasses, and found that they were all beautiful and glare free.

 
I now feel more comfortable going with my gut feeling and wearing my glasses. Besides, I wear my glasses every single day of my life, so why should I remove them for just that one day?

Photos via: first, second, third

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...