July 11, 2012

Words of Wisdom




One of my favorite things about being a Christian is receiving Words of Wisdom: a revelation of God’s plans and purpose for my future life. Since I still consider my walk with Christ to be a little immature, I often get these Words of Wisdom from another individual who is in my life at the time. My ears are still struggling to hear the Word from God, himself, so he uses vessels (other people) who can relay the message to me. 

I’ve been in a rut lately. It’s almost two months since I graduated and I still have no job offer. I have grown intensely miserable being at home every. single. day. Beau and I would like to start planning our wedding for sometime this year (crazy, I know, but not impossible), but money, house-shopping, and a seemingly lack of support has got me down.
 
I can pretend everything is okay through blog posts, as blogosphere really does provide only a small window into our everyday lives, but sometimes, I like to keep it real. Like, really real! 

{Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t publish these kinds of posts for a pity party. I do because (1) I know that someone in the world might face similar situations at some time in life, and may seek the support of knowing that they are not alone in their feelings; and (2) I know for sure that things always work out in the end. So, in the future, I can look back at disheartening situations and remember how I made it through. Fun weekends and good times are great for reminiscing, but memories of disheartening times are also valuable, because there will always be that reminder that I was able to overcome it. ::Exit soapbox:: }

In any case, after a while, disappointments and letdowns can really take its toll on our spirits and we can easily become frustrated at the thought and sight of just about everything. But I was given a Word of Wisdom that the Lord sees my frustration, and if I would just allow Him to direct my paths, He will see me through. So, that is what I plan to do. No more worrying. No more frustration.

“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.  Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...