December 6, 2011

Christmas Party and Columbian Food (sans Columbian Food)


This past weekend was very fun for me. One of the women from church invited me to her 13th Annual Christmas party. Her and her husband have been doing it for years (obviously), and it has grown so much, they had to add an extension to the house to accommodate everyone. It's true. There were upwards of 100 people there that night, although it did not seem like it.

All invited guests were asked to bring a $5 grab bag gift and our "favorite snack". I didn't want to do the cliche chips and dip, so I ventured out a bit and prepared oven  baked bbq wings. (I tried one at home. They were really good. I also got compliments at the party). For the $5 grab bag gift, I purchased a set of 4 coffee mugs that came with a metal stand from Pier 1. I was surprised about the price myself! As you all read previously, I have a newfound love of that store.

All in all, it was a great time of fellowship with the people from church. I got to see all the familiar faces and actually exchanged a few words with the ones that I've only seen from afar. With the grab bag gifts we brought, we played the "gift exchange game". I chose a gift bag with Andes chocolate mints and a $10 gift card to Target. Obviously that gift bag was over the $5 mark, but I'm not complaining. Also, because I had a higher selection number, I got to keep my gift, and no one decided  to take it from me.

On Sunday, I was to have lunch with a Colombian family at one of their recommended restaurants after church. Sadly, the wife was sick and we had to rain check it (probably until I return from Christmas break).

This is the last week of classes for the semester. I have a total of 3 finals to complete, and then I'm home-free for a month! Of course, my laptop decided to die 2 weeks before finals (JUST like last year) and I am left freaking out over:
  1. not having a means of studying my powerpoint slides
  2. making my vision worse by staring at my iTouch's little screen for long periods of time, and
  3. realizing that not having a computer is not half bad. I waste way too much time doing nothing on it, anyway.

Thank God for warranties, though. I got that thing shipped off and fixed in less than a week.... Now, if UPS and I can stop playing tag so I can actually receive my laptop and study for my finals, I would be quite elated.

**Photos from party will have to be posted once I get my computer back. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...