June 6, 2011

One of My Favorite Places...

The Schuylkill River Walk is one of my favorite places in Philly. Nestled beside the bustling Schuylkill expressway and behind the downtown area, it is a great place to take a relaxing walk on a cool, summer/spring day. At any given hour of the day, you may find joggers, dog walkers, or bikers in the area. The trail extends from the Walnut Street area, to the Art Museum circle. On weekends, you may also find newlyweds embarking on their post-ceremony photoshoots by the Waterworks restaurant, or families having birthday parties in a park by the art museum.

Personally, this place means a lot to me. My beau and I venture out here often to take walks, reevaluate our relationship, have lunch or just to hang out. Minus the foot traffic, I think it's a peaceful place to be. Beau even asked me to be his girlfriend here (photo below) approx. two years ago (July 2, 2009)!


There's never a dull moment here. There are always new faces to see, new activities going on, and different memories to be made. I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...