May 25, 2011

Fulfillment

Many of my favorite bloggers are either down-sizing their blogs, changing the format to something more personal, or getting rid of it altogether. I guess they've realized that there is more to life than all the superficial things, like fashion and pretty pictures. Actually, the majority of them have made that statement.

When I really started getting into blogging, I wanted my blog to be just as popular as some of the independent fashion and lifestyle blogs that I subscribe to. I wanted tons of readers and a few sponsors. I quickly came to my senses as I realized that blogs like that require a LOT of work, including posting several times a week, and constantly vying for sponsorship. I couldn't do it. I am quite happy with my little blog. I've said this before in a post written about a month ago, but I am happy with the number of readers I get. I love that my blog is so personal. Although I have readers, I don't feel obligated to post insanely (unless I am compelled to do so) and I don't have to apologize for any absences/hiatus.

Personally, I believe that being a full time blogger would just take the fun out of my hobby, making into somewhat of a full time job.

What do you think? Should bloggers feel obligated to continually update their readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...