April 25, 2011

Weekend Recap



With a little company, I got up and out this weekend. It felt good not to be cooped up inside alone. Now, I feel refreshed and ready to take on the final weeks of the semester and boy am I excited for what is to follow the next three weeks. Stay tuned, I will discuss it in a later post.


I went hiking at the Sleeping Giant State Park on Friday. Out of fear of exhaustion, "itchy-leg syndrome", rain, and me being... me, I almost didn't go. But I'm glad that I did. I made it to the top this time and I finally got to see the castle everyone talks about! You can see a pic from my attempted hike a few months ago here .










Such a great view of New Haven and what I suppose is the Long Island Sound.


It was such a cloudy day. I played with the coloring of the photos which is why I look iridescent here.

I made homemade- sweet potato fries for the first time. They were yummy. (I may or may not have been too uninspired to take any pics of the final product... but it really was good).




I also went to church on Easter Sunday. I still have the words "He is risen, indeed" on my tongue. I flat ironed my hair for the first time in almost 3 months. I was quite satisfied with the results. My hair has grown a lot since I decided to transition to natural and cut out visits to the salon.



And that was my weekend! I am really glad with how it went. I honestly feel rejuvenated... or maybe I'm just in a good mood today. Either way, I'm smiling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...